It can be overwhelming to research the right tools and trainings for your business. Over the years we bought and tried so many softwares, plugins, trainings… We hope these recommendations will save you time and frustration, and help you make you money in your business. For many of these we make an affiliate commission if you sign up, but we never recommend anything we don’t use and LOVE ourselves.
Recommended online business resources
Create the best website for your online business
- InmotionHosting: While many recommend BlueHost, we use Inmotionhosting and love it. They are reliable and secure. But the best part is their 24/7 phone support, which SAVED us many times when we unknowingly did something wrong, as newbies .
- WPengine: We have gotten a lot more traffic to our site since the start of the ReLaunch Show. Our web developer recommended WPengine to ensure our performance and speed. Because a slow loading website lowers Google ranking. They specialize in WordPress based websites.
- Salient Theme: It is such a highly rated theme – easy to learn and lots of drag-and-drop functions!
- Akismet (Plugin): One of the first plugins you got to install when you start your wordpress site. Otherwise you will be surprised how much spam in your blog comment you can get in just one day! It is completely FREE, although we pay them annually as a support for the great service.
- Google Analytics by Yoast (Plugin): Another valuable and FREE plugin to add Google Analytics to your WordPress site. As online entrepreneurs, you want to understand who are coming to your site and their behaviors.
- WordPress SEO (Plugin): a FREE plugin offering SEO solutions! Well’s it’s downloaded near 20 million times. So, get it!
A plugin for making AWESOME optin pages, sales pages and more!
Email marketing, shopping carts, etc
Aweber: We used Constant Contact for a long time before we switched to Aweber. They have easy-to-use designs, high deliverability and great customer service. About Mailchimp, which offers free service for the first 2000 subscribers, but we heard about some downfalls. They might have improved, but we never tried them.
Infusionsoft: We now use Infusionsoft because it’s the all-in-one tool (if there is such a thing) for email marketing, ecommerce and CRM. It is a very robust software and has excellent customer service. The initial learning curve could take some time, but we made it! Check out their FREE E-book: 7 Steps to a Complete Small Business Sales and marketing Plan.
Teamwork, communication, organization
Asana: Can’t believe how much this software has saved us time and miscommunication! It allows you to manage your own projects, or communicate with your team WITHOUT emailing each other! I believe it’s FREE for a team with less than 4 people.
Lastpass: We use this for 2 reasons. Of course I love the feature of remembering only one password. But more importantly, we can give access to web-developers, assistants without giving our password away. It’s also FREE, although we pay $12 as our support to this great software.
Dropbox: Need to share files or folders with your team or your client? It’s one of the easiest tools. Your files are saved in a cloud so you can access it anywhere. The free version has a large enough capacity for you to store lots of documents, videos, images, audio…
Google Drive: Another great option to share documents, create surveys, spreadsheets. You have access to your files from any device (mobile included) as long as you log in your google accout.
Tools for writing, videos and artwork
Scrivener: We wish we knew about this desktop software a long time ago. First of all, if you plan to publish books, we highly recommend it. We also use it to write webinar script or email newsletters. It helps keeping my mind organized.
Screenflow: Love this Mac software. We use it to produce videos for our sales page, tutorials for our classes, and training videos for our assistants.
Tried and TRUE programs
Podcast A to Z and Podcast Paradise – we studied both. You can check out our extensive review here.
Publish and Profit (get his FREE eBook) by Mike Koenigs. Learn how EASY it is to create, publish and grow your influence from your book.
Amazing live events for coaches by Dan Miller at 48days (Beware from Pei: at first I attended just to be with Joel, not knowing they led me to a journey of self discovery and a more purposeful life!)